Alaska Afterschool Network (AAN) is seeking a dynamic individual for an 8-week internship. The internship will focus on event planning, marketing, and communications. Learn more and how to apply below. Deadline to apply is June 8, 2017.
Afterschool Marketing Internship
Alaska Afterschool Network is seeking an Afterschool Marketing Intern to assist in raising awareness of the organization and in the planning of network engagement events.
This paid internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of event planning and marketing while working for a non-profit organization that is making a difference in the lives of youth and families across Alaska. The Afterschool Marketing Intern will report directly to the Director of the Alaska Afterschool Network, and will also work closely with network partners.
This position is 37.5 hours/week, Monday through Friday for eight weeks, in Anchorage, Alaska. Expected start date is June 13, 2017. Total compensation will be $3,000.00 stipend.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Are passionate about youth, education, afterschool and summer programs
- Enjoy celebrating achievements with others
- Have excellent communication skills
- Want skill-building experience in a dynamic partnership environment
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of Summer Learning Day celebrations
- Assisting in the planning of a statewide STEM Pre-Institute that will be held in conjunction with the Alaska Afterschool Conference
- Developing marketing material for the statewide STEM Pre-Institute and Alaska Afterschool Conference
- Updating and maintaining the Alaska Afterschool Network’s social media, including daily monitoring, posting and scheduling Facebook/Twitter updates, and running pertinent online campaigns
- Drafting, distributing, and pitching news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Designing flyers, graphics, evites and other marketing materials
- Build your portfolio of work and establish employment reference from a well-known coalition
- Work with a dynamic, fun team that values diverse perspectives
- Have a hand in expanding opportunities for kids during out-of-school time
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Grasp of available tools and platforms in social media
- Currently working toward college degree, preferably in marketing, journalism, or communications
- Understanding of basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate
- Access to your own vehicle
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks on time
Send your cover letter and resume to Thomas Azzarella at email@example.com by June 8, 2017.